Horizon Yoga Therapy can assist with the management of pain problems and medical conditions, injury rehabilitation, and stress management.
Classes or individual therapy session include modified yoga practices to help in self-managing their pain problems, injuries (or post-surgery), stress, fatigue or medical conditions; as well as those wanting to return to a previous yoga practice after such issues.
Therapeutic yoga includes:
- Physical poses (‘asana’) – modified as needed for individual issues
- Breathwork or breathing exercises (‘pranayama’) – for relaxation & stress management, as well as optimal respiratory (lung) function and mobility of the ribcage and spine.
- Mindfulness including mindful movement
- Many other yoga practices (often more conducive to learning via individual sessions)
You don’t have to be flexible or fit to do yoga!! However some clients feel unable or hesitant to attend a ‘normal’ yoga class – these are the people who should see our Specialist Sports Physiotherapist, Vicki.
Some of the many conditions that may benefit include:
- Low back or neck pain
- Joint stiffness & tight muscles!
- Arthritis (all kinds)
- Chronic fatigue
- Chronic pain
- Neurological conditions
- Stress, anxiety & depression
- Medical conditions such as asthma, diabetes, heart & lung conditions
- Increased joint mobility & muscle flexibility
- Better body awareness
- Improved posture, strength & control within optimal body alignment
- Improved respiratory function
- Understanding of mindfulness and relaxation strategies for better stress management
- Understanding of yoga poses to avoid (for individual issues), or how to modify poses as needed
- Ability to transition from Yoga Therapy sessions into a ‘normal’ community yoga class
Classes: Monday 12.30pm-1.30pm & Wednesday 12pm - 1pm
Individual sessions by appointment
Call 9245 7007 to book your session (online booking unavailable for this class)