The following policy outlines the privacy practices of Horizon Physiotherapy in regards to personal and business information.
1. Privacy. Horizon Physiotherapy respects the privacy of all clients. This document outlines privacy rights and practices as laid out by the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth), Information Privacy Act 2000 (Vic) and the Health Records Act 2001 (Vic). These privacy laws regulate how personal information is obtained and handled, from the collection, it’s use and future disclosures as well as how the information is stored and when and how it is disposed. This applies to any and all personal and/or medical information that a client supplies to Horizon Physiotherapy.
2. Personal Information Collection. Personal information is defined as any information that specifically identifies you or from which your identity can be easily attained. To provide our clients with superior service it is imperative that we collect relevant personal information from you. This includes information given to our receptionists regarding appointment setting and payment information, as well as information acquired by our physiotherapists and other staff during the initial consultation and subsequent appointments so that we can provide an accurate assessment of your condition as well as a diagnosis and the proper prescribed treatment.
3. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information. Collecting your personal information is necessary for us to perform our service. Your information will only be used to the extent that it informs our staff and assists them in properly prescribing and carrying out treatment. The collection of your information will allow us to assess, diagnose, prescribe and monitor your treatment and/or ongoing rehabilitation. Therefore asking personal and medical questions are necessary to properly provide our services to the best of our ability. Your information will not be used for any purpose outside of Horizon Physiotherapy and our treatment of you as a client.
4. Consent and Confidentiality. By using this website and giving your information to us, you indicate your consent to us. It is our guarantee that we will treat your personal information responsibly and ethically. You are under no obligation to provide us with any of your information.
6. Contact Us at:
Horizon Physiotherapy, 3/11 Doric Street, Scarborough, WA 6019, Australia
7. Complaints. If you are not satisfied with our response to your request, you may contact the Federal Privacy Commission.
Director of Complaints
Office of the Federal Privacy Commission
GPO Box 5218
Telephone: 3003 539 92